Wellness Industry Trends in 2019
The wellness and fitness industry is one of those industries that are forever going to thrive because people are always on the lookout for the best trends to take up for better health of higher fitness levels. Exercise is vital, yes, but there are the habits we take alongside our daily exercise routines that define a better goal on our wellness and general fitness.
It is vital to mention here that with the widespread use of the internet, there may be numerous pieces of information out there that everyone would try to check out. But these are always commercialized, and you will need to buy a package before testing them out. So, what happens when you pay for them, and they do not work for you? If the process repeats itself over and over again, you end up spending too much money on things that do not work for you.
It is for this reason that you need to keep a keen eye on the wellness trends and what they propose. This way, you have a rough idea of what is working for most people and may work for you too. Let me mention at this point that wellness and fitness are directly equivalent to your health, and as much as they need to be taken seriously on an individual level, they may demand more in time and commitment than in the activities themselves. Patience states that things do not happen overnight; it takes time.
What is the Wellness Trends for us According to Industry Research?
The wellness trends may keep changing as the days and years go by because all factors do not remain constant. It, therefore, calls for you to be active and up to date to be kept abreast of any changes. Sticking to old trends in not only redundant, but it also renders you backward, and you fall back in step about the latest info that is known to everyone around you.
- A personalized approach to exercise and fitness is one of the major trends in the wellness industry today. Mainly, this involves a personal analysis based on different tests and trials to try to decipher what work-out or exercise activities work for you. As opposed to indulging in every activity you come across and barely getting the desired results after long applying them, a personalized approach works to narrow down all activities you indulge into the most useful or applicable ones. Personalized test are helpful because they seek info that goes as deep as into your genetic make-up. It helps you to understand that what works for person A may not work for person B as they are both entirely differently made up.
- A personalized nutrition approach works for hand in hand with the personalized exercise strategy. The main goal is to use your genetic build-up to recommend certain foods and nutrients that you need more to boost your wellness or fitness levels. It also does recommend a cut on some foods that are not as necessary for you to take. The tests that are run o you are intricate and in most cases, they can be used to predict outcomes for you, as well as advice you on the expected results of your nutrigenomic journey.
- Infrared sauna bathing has made it to the top wellness trends of this year. Earlier, some celebrities came out to strongly recommend the use of infrared saunas bathing as a means to achieve weight loss and maintain a healthy body system. As opposed to the regular heat saunas, the infrared saunas use infrared rays to penetrate your skin and eliminate toxins from your body. The fat cells under your skin are melted down fast and flushed out of your body through your pores in the form of sweat. Frequent use of this method helps to eliminate the fat building cells from your system permanently and helps you to maintain a healthy muscle mass, and the result is a spike in your wellness and fitness levels.
- Recommended specialized diets are now the talk of the day. It does not matter which one you pick to run along with, and they have all been tested and proved to work on majorly everyone. For instance, plant protein is soon becoming the in thing as far as healthy dieting is concerned. The same applies to the widely spread keto diet that also has a touch on the healthy feeding aspect in a bid to help you lose the extra kilos by managing your caloric intake. I am sure many people have also heard of the intermittent fasting for training and weight loss. All of these are meant to help you lose the fats and build lean muscle and in the long run, maintain a healthy Body Mass Index and a stable wellness level.
- The sleep cycle awakening is rising yet again to make it to the top trends to watch out for in regards to your wellness. The sleep-wake balance has to be rebooted to its natural levels so that we sleep when we should and wake up when we should; and not just sleep anytime and wake up any time. The duration of your sleep has a heavyweight on the health and wellness of your body systems. For instance, if you sleep for a concise period or vice versa, your body changes by gaining weight and developing conditions like blood pressure issues and diabetes, among others. The moment you realize that electronic gadgets are eating into your sleep-wake routine that is the beginning of a drop in your overall body fitness and wellness levels.
Note: conditions like insomnia, depression, ADHD, stress, and anxiety are all caused by an improper balance in our daily activities. These could be from our feeding, exercising, or even sleeping routines. Studies have shown that once we obtain a stable and healthy work-life balance, we might not need to go into the depth of dieting and fasting to be able to remain health wise afloat at all.